Program Registration Form
This is the online registration for our programs. This includes a review and acceptance of the Operation Climb On (OCO) Participant Agreement, Release & Assumption of Risk form. Additionally, you will be required to provide information concerning your health and emergency contact. If further information is necessary, you will be contacted by our administrative team. Please contact us directly with any questions. We look forward to your participation in our programs!
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Operation Climb On, their agents, owners, directors, officers, volunteers, agents, employees, affiliates, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “ OCO"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge OCO, on behalf of myself, spouse, children, and parents as follows:
- I acknowledge that outdoor adventure-based activities such as rock and ice climbing, snowshoeing, and canyoneering entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself and/or property. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the integrity of the activity.
- I acknowledge that I have been informed of the inherent risks which include, among other things:
- Exposure to outdoor elements including, but not limited to slips and falls from climbing and/or walking on uneven terrain; being struck by rock fall, ice fall or other objects dislodged or thrown from above.
- Inclement weather conditions including lightning, weather changes and avalanche; water hazards, and accidental drowning.
- Risk from the activities themselves and potential or actual failure of climbing or canyoneering ropes and equipment.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, reptiles, insects, and plant life.
- Cold weather and heat related injuries such as the risk of altitude and cold injury, including hypothermia, frostbite, acute mountain sickness, cerebral and pulmonary edema; hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration.
- Accidents or illness occurring in remote areas with poor or no access to emergency and/or medical services; improper lifting or carrying.
- Fatigue and/or exhaustion due to the physical exertion associated with these activities.
- Furthermore, OCO employees seek safety, but are not infallible. They may be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate despite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless OCO from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of OCO's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of OCO.
- Should OCO or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to personally bear the costs of such injury or damage independently. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against OCO, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
- I grant permission to OCO to take still and moving images of me and use them for promotional purposes without recourse or compensation to me. If I submit my photographs I hereby release OCO to use them in marketing without recourse or compensation to me.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against OCO on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.